Tuesday, April 27, 2010

3 years to the mountain

25th Apr 2010
[A date to be remembered]

I'm turning 24 this year
I only start to realize myself at the age of 21
That year, I made a decision of going back to school

I asked myself this question one night in army camp
"If I'm going back to school, what am I going to do?"

21 years, I tried many things
Taekwondo
Forming a Band
Mechanical Designer
Event Planner
etc.

I know damn well that I've been wanting to be in the Arts Industry
I know damn well that I belong to the Arts World
I know damn well that I only can do well in what I like

When I left army,
When I become a event planner,
People told me
"Jesmen, have you ever thought of becoming an actor?"
"I think you can be a lousy stand-up comedian among the best."
"Jesmen, since you want to deal with arts, why not Lasalle or NAFA?"

It was a weird connection, I related that present to my childhood
I wanted to
a cop
an actor
director
a musician

Then I realize among all these, being a director, the feeling became so familiar
I felt a connection to it
It seems to be like a destiny

So I spent a year outside to gain experience, money and the way to be a man

Time passed
I'm finishing my foundation
I ever told myself
Whatever opportunity comes,
I will grab and I will learn.

I took 3 years just to had my 1st production with a local film-maker
-Sherman Ong-

It was an awesome experience
They asked me, taught me, shared with me
It was a short film for the upcoming Art Festival

I told myself
"It's gonna be an awesome show"

I felt so honored to be invited and getting to know
Yuan Bing (Local Film-maker)
Han (Local Professional Photographer)

The basic lesson with Yuan Bing
The kind of lights to used for different effect
Where can I get the kits (Cinegear)
How much....
Who are the directors outside
The encouragement

Handling the mic for sound can be difficult
but not with the help from Sherman
Short is never a matter when you have extension
Endurance is the challenge

At that moment when Sherman passed me cash,
I was shocked...
I rejected it but Yuan Bing said I must accept
and Sherman said
"You're part of the production..."

At that very moment I was touched not by the amount
but the fact that they invited me, taught me, guide me and stuffs
and they see me as part of the family

I know that moment
"I've made a right decision"

"I will let you know the screening date."
Sherman said before I left.

Some amazing things I discovered and capture


[The Opening Top]


[The Indian Alley]


[Tanning Under The Sun]


[The Lock Up Access]


[The Dying Day]


[Another Side of Singapore]


[Table for Three]



[Under The Glory Heaven; But We're Just Human]


[The Film-maker & Actors]


[My Teachers]


[A Masked Beauty]


[The Beautiful Flight]


[The Conflict]


[An Unpleasant Dinner]


[The Angry Jealousy]







No comments:

Post a Comment