Saturday, May 14, 2011

When Autumn Starts and Summer Ends

Autumn 2010, I officially started my journey in Puttnam School of Film (Lasalle).
I believe no one in our batch will forget how I introduce myself.
As usual, I'll build a barrel from people. I was kinda depress with the class situation.

Anyway, we started with planning our portfolio (autobiography).
For some reason, we have to do it.
So I experienced the process of being a director + actor.
I've to trust my crew and I just need to do my job. haha...

INSIDE THE OUTSIDE

Inside The Outside
is basically about how I struggle with myself and at the same time,
I used my dialect, Teochew as the language, because it's my identity.
As much as possible, I tried to portray myself in a 3 dimensional figure.
Living situation, hobby, my idol, my relationship with my mum....etc...

We're fortunate to be issued with a camera and a sound boom. haha....
It was not a easy work, cause I insist of finishing the shoot in a night, and we
managed to do it....*clap clap...haha!

Sound: Theron [Alway so committed]


Acting + Directing is really not easy!


Check Sound...Check Check Check....



TRAILER: INSIDE THE OUTSIDE


XIAO TING

Xiao Ting was a portfolio project I did in Semester 2, we were tasked to film a portrait of
someone. Xiao Ting is the real name of the cast, Xiao Ting, however it was based on a true
story of a friend I know long ago. She's a contradiction for me. I don't know if she's noble or
stupid. For love, she's willing to sacrifice anything. The fortunate thing for her is that the man
she loves is nice and loyal to her so...ya...

Anyway! ya...haha! Initially, I wanted a sex scene, however my lecturers told me, it's cliche...
they believe I can do better than that, so they challenge me to represent her in another way...
So I've to crack my head...rewrite the script and stuff...it was quite a pain in the ass...but at
least I realize that, thinking process are very essential in film making...everyone can make a film,
but how are one present it is the main factor.

Also in the first place, I challenged myself that I'm going to minimize the use of the dialogue,
using camera shot and props to tell a story. A lot of planning was considered, the cloth she wears, the kind of shots...are very essential....lucky it turns out well...haha!

Again I used my room, I've to reset the setting of my room to create a more girl feel, but I think it
didn't turn out well...haha!

DP: JAN [Damn fortunate to have him as the DP]


Cast: Xiao Ting [Haha...I think it's a bad experience for her...haha...!]


Sound Dept + Voice behind the radio: [Shan, Jessleen + Vicky very tough girls]


TRAILER: XIAO TING



From The Negative

From The Negative was the Major project for us the Level 1, which revolves around a depress, hopeless girl enlighten by a blind man who loves photography. Inspired by my friend Daphne, Life is like photography, it develops from the negatives.

I was lucky that I was privileged to direct my own story, and that time, we had the privileged to
use most the equipments, such as the light, dolly etc...however we had restricted areas of usage.

The process from Pre-Production to Post Production was very intense. However I chose the path of restricting myself taking control. I gave them the space to enjoy the process and learn from each other, including themselves. It was a fun experience for me at least...I keep pushing my crews thought....haha! I think it was hard for them...haha!

I emphasized alot on safety and respecting each others more than the outcome of the film. haha! Try not to be too egoistic. haha!



TRAILER: FROM THE NEGATIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment