Thursday, February 18, 2010

Where is your ang bao, your egg roll?

I keep asking myself what is the missing ingredient this Chinese New Year
Initially I though it was the dispute with my buddy, Ant
But my guts was unconvinced.

Only today I realize
Classmates were asking how many Ang Bao we receive
Simply saying they were asking how's the holidays
But it was when they asked me how many Ang Bao I receive....

I counted
I realize who I'm missing out and why I'm missing out.
I was pumped with sour
It flowed in my vain across my body
Out from my eyes

I missed out my Aunt's
the one who left us last year
My closest relative
Someone who gave me 5 amazing cousins that lead me

Her hands told me what are the Teochew dessert
Which is the one that can please my taste bud
The one that please my taste bud....
The hardest to make
Hardest to get it outside


At this point of time
I just finish the last Egg Roll

In fact I had my last Egg Roll last Chinese New Year....

No comments:

Post a Comment