Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Martial Arts

Recently, I am very obsess with Wing Chun (詠春), due to Ip Man 1 & 2.

At this point of time, I feel that, it's like I'm back to my younger days and at the same time it's refreshing and bringing me back to my childhood dream. I always have the desire to practice Martial Arts, and amaze people, and this desire came from Bruce Lee.

At a point of time, he was my idol, I wanted to fight like him, behave like him, so I started screaming and doing all the monkey stunts, but slowly, idolization fades away as I grow.

Until I knew Ip Man, then everything comes back, but this time, it's not just about idolization or fascination. It's about respect and learning, they are my role models now.

After watching Ip Man, I was fascinated by the product, his Wing Chun, even till now I am, but what puzzled me was "What is the reason for bring his story onto the big screen?", "Was it because he was the one who broadcast Wing Chun, or was it because he's Bruce Lee's mentor, or he was able to bring the essence of Wing Chun?" "Why is he known as Master of The Era (一代宗師)?"

The answers are all in the video:

1. The Art of Fighting Without fighting:




2. Respect:





3. Dignity:




4. Chinese Martial Arts:





Something wise from his disciple, Bruce Lee



When I'm self-practicing Wing Chun, recently, I know why I want to practice, it's a goal, a process in my life. I just want to do what I like, and enjoy it. This process whether it is perfect or not, it's my form of honest expression, an expression of emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment